More than 1,000 paintings from the National Gallery's collection of Western European artworks are on display on Level 2.
Check the Access page on the National Gallery web site for the latest details or pick up an Access Guide from the Information Desk on the ground floor (Level 0) of the Sainsbury Wing. Also see the Visitor Facilties and Access Events, Tours, and Services pages on the National Gallery web site.
Entrances and Lifts
The Sainsbury Wing
- level access from Trafalgar Square
- one internal automatic door
- wide swing doors
- two revolving doors
- There are large lifts with low-level controls giving access to Level 2
- This entrance is most convenient for taxis and set down and pick up, and closest to the parking bays.
- automatic doors
- platform lift give access to Level 0 where there are café, shop, visitor facilities, information and Audio Guide Desks, and a large lift with low-level controls up to the paintings on Level 2.
- an elegant route to the main staircase and the galleries on Level 2.
- There are two information desks and visitor facilities, including toilets and cloakrooms, are situated close by.
- The Portico Entrance is the only entrance/exit with no level access.
- close to the reserved parking space in Orange Street.
- This entrance is used by many school groups and can be crowded and noisy.
Signed Guided Tours
BSL (British Sign Language) tours are on the first Saturday of every month at 11.30am and 2.30pm.