Plan Your Trip to London
By Laura Porter, About.com Guide
- Before You Visit London
- When Should You Visit London?
- Getting to London
- Getting Around London
- Where To Stay in London
Before You Visit London
Here are some helpful articles and advice to review before you visit London. From finding the right London guidebook or map to staying safe in London, we've got all the information you need to prepare for your trip.
- Before You Visit London - Best Advice
- London Travel Guidebook Reviews
- Understanding Telephones in London
- UK Currency Basic Information
When Should You Visit London?
Find out more about the weather in the city where this is the main topic of conversation. You will also find out about London's annual events to help you choose when to visit.
- London Weather overview
- January Weather and Annual Events
- February Weather and Annual Events
- March Weather and Annual Events
- April Weather and Annual Events
- May Weather and Annual Events
- June Weather and Annual Events
- July Weather and Annual Events
- August Weather and Annual Events
- September Weather and Annual Events
- October Weather and Annual Events
- December Weather and Annual Events
Getting to London
What are the travel options? Find out how to get to London by air, rail, road or sea, plus customs and visa requirements.
- Air Travel to London
- Packing Tips and Advice
- Long-Haul Flight Survival Tips
- Heathrow Terminal 3 Check-In Advice
- Customs and Visa Regulations
Getting Around London
Information on using London public transport: the tube (London Underground), buses, and trains.
- Which Travelcard is Best for Visitors?
- Save Money on London Transport
- London Underground Top Tips
- Free Tube Travel for Children
- Free London Tube Maps
- Online Journey Planner
- Recognizing London Bus Stops
- Lost Property on London Transport
Where To Stay in London
London has hotels and accommodation in all shapes and sizes to suit all travelers and all budgets, whether you are looking for the luxurious or economic London has suitable accommodation for you.
- Cheap London Hotels
- Best Youth Hostels in London
- London Hotel Reviews
- London Luxury Boutique Hotels
- London Airport Hotels
Personal Safety in London
London is generally a safe city to visit, as long as you do not put yourself in unnecessary danger.
- Beware of Pickpockets
- Are Americans Safe in London?
- Road Safety - Pedestrian Crossings
- Don't Give Money To Beggars In London
What To Do In London
London offers visitors endless options of things to do, from visiting museums and landmarks to taking guided tours and exploring on your own. Here are some suggestions for helping you narrow down what you'd like to see and do while you're visiting London.
Where to Eat in London
London has hundreds of restaurants covering every cuisine from around the world. All budgets are catered for too so enjoy dining in London.
- Search Restaurants by Cuisine
- London Restaurant Reviews
- How to Eat Well for Under a Fiver
- London Cheap Eats
- Best Fish and Chips in London
- Best Afternoon Tea in London
- Top 10 Romantic London Restaurants
- Top 10 Vegetarian Restaurants
Saving Money in London
Visitors often think of London as an expensive city but there are plenty of cheap or free activities to choose from. Planning for some cheaper activities each day, including some reasonable meals into your itinerary and taking advantage of many of London's great free experiences can make it possible to enjoy London on a tight budget or just make it easier to stretch your vacation finances further.
- Best Free London Museums
- Top 10 Free Things to Do in London
- More London for Free Resources
- London Cheap Eats