About The London International Tattoo Convention:
Tobacco Dock, with its beautiful Victorian architecture, just a few minutes from Tower Bridge, has proved to be the perfect location for the convention, which had outgrown the original venue, Brick Lane's Old Truman Brewery, by 2007.
As well as over 300 tattoo artists from around the world, there is a huge amount of alternative events and complementary entertainment to enjoy, including numerous photographic exhibitions, artistic events, live rock bands, tribal dancers and seductive Burlesque performers from around the world. But my favourite part of attending is seeing the other visitors and their tattoos.
The alternative shows and performances on the main concourse stage include: Lucky Hell: 'The Sword Swallowing Painted Lady', The Fuel Girls, The Nerdy Stripper, Burlesque performer Elegy Ellem, Les Soeurs Tribales - a Tribal Bellydance & Modern Urban Fusion Dance troupe from Italy, and pin-up Sabina Kelley.
Late Drinking & Music:
The Neville Staples Band, Larry Miller, The Brothers Grimm, Vince Ray and The Bone Shakers, and Henry's Funeral Shoe are all confirmed to play live in 'Vince Ray's Voodoo Crypt' with many more to be added.
50 Porters Walk
The ground floor of Tobacco Dock, where the main Tattoo Convention will be situated, has a huge purpose built bar and restaurant and acres of space for the hundreds of stalls, studios, exotic esoteric dances, shows, exhibits, and art events taking place.
Nearest Tube Station: Tower Hill
Use Journey Planner to plan your route by public transport.
Weekend pass: £55
Admission free for under 14s with an adult.
Available from: www.thelondontattooconvention.com.
- Buy tickets in advance (better rates and then no queuing to enter)
- Lots to see so pace yourself or it can be overwhelming.
- Definitely consider a weekend pass, particularly if you are planning to get a new tattoo as you can then watch the artists at work to help you make your decision.
- Trade supplies always available.
- Check out the Events as there is always lots going on.
- Don't miss the Tattoo Contests. If you want to enter, you'll need to register upon arrival. There are contests each day, but the Sunday has more categories.
- Bring your camera as you will see some amazing artworks, both in artists portfolios and on other visitors.
- Plan to stay late into the night!