What Is Cabwise?If there's one number that all Londoners and visitors should save in their mobiles, it is Cabwise (60835). If you need a taxi and don't have the number of a cab firm in the area, simply text 'CAB' to 60835*. You’ll immediately get one taxi and two local licensed minicab numbers sent to your mobile.
In order to make best use of the service, text 'CAB' before you are ready to leave (e.g. before last orders at the pub). You'll then have plenty of time to phone for the cab and arrange pickup for when you are ready to head home.
*Text charged at 35p per enquiry plus standard text message rate.
Take the safer way home. Be Cabwise.
Overseas and 3 networks Terms and ConditionsOverseas and 3 networks can also access the Cabwise service by texting their location (street name and partial postcode e.g. Victoria St SW1) to the number +44 07797 800 000.
The cost of this service will be 35p per enquiry plus your standard text message rate.
The cost of this service will be charged at your network's standard roaming rate per enquiry.
The truth about illegal cabs:
- Only London taxis (black cabs) can pick up customers on the street. If a minicab driver approaches you, it is illegal (even if their vehicle carries the blue Transport for London sticker).
- Any minicab journey that is not booked is illegal, uninsured and unsafe. It is a criminal offense for drivers and operators to allow journeys to be made that have not been booked with a licensed operator over the phone or directly through their office.
- The reason why booking is so important is that your journey will be in a licensed vehicle with a licensed driver. In addition, you can be certain that a record will be kept of your journey, your driver and the vehicle used. In the event of any problems, the driver can be traced.
- Deciding to risk taking an illegal cab after a night out can be extremely dangerous. Illegal cab drivers pose serious risks to the traveling public and can be a cover for some of the most serious crimes in London including sexual violence against women and robbery.
- Even when booking a licensed minicab, be sure to give the operator your name and ask for details of the driver and car. When the minicab arrives, check that it is the correct vehicle and ask the driver to confirm their name and your destination.
For more information go to tfl.gov.uk/cabwise.