About RHS Chelsea Flower Show:
The Chelsea Flower Show is the plant breeders' favorite place to unveil new plants and the Great Pavilion often provides the first glimpses of the newest horticultural gems. The RHS Chelsea Flower Show is the ultimate event in the gardening calendar.
2013 will be the 100th anniversary.
- 2012 highlights included:
- Sixteen Show Gardens: This year, the Show Gardens will be created by some of the finest contemporary designers including 2011 Best Show Garden winner Cleve West for Brewin Dolphin, Andy Sturgeon designing for show sponsor M&G Investments, and Joe Swift for Homebase.
- New For 2012: Fresh is a new category for 2012, featuring cutting-edge gardens that are experimental and less conventional in design than traditional Chelsea Flower Show gardens. RHS Environment will offer perspectives on the science of urban greening and will highlight how we can make the most of our green spaces.
- Artisan Gardens: The Artisan Garden category returns for a second year with extraordinary exhibits from designers using natural materials and traditional craftsmanship to create stylish designs. This year designers have taken inspiration from a number of sources, ranging from landscape and travel to literature and water.
- Great Pavilion: The spectacular Great Pavilion will be filled with displays of plants and flowers by some of the best growers from the UK and around the world. Highlights for 2012 include exotic crops, alternative topiary and live fencing displays.
See these Chelsea Flower Show Photos.
Note: RHS = Royal Horticultural Society
2013 Dates: 21-25 May 2013
(Note, the first two days are for RHS members only.)
Recorded information: 020 7649 1885
Nearest Tube Stations:
- Sloane Square (then a 10 minute walk)
- Victoria (A special bus service is available)
All tickets must be booked in advance - there are no tickets available on the gate.
- Online booking
- Telephone booking: 0844 338 7505 (overseas visitors call +44 121 767 4063).
Note: Tuesday and Wednesday are for RHS Members only.
RHS Chelsea Flower Show Website:
Tips for Visiting The RHS Chelsea Flower Show:
- Under 5s and children's buggies are not permitted.
- Doors open at 8am and visitors arrive early.
- Buy your show catalogue in advance - it can be ordered along with your tickets.
- Use the map in the show catalogue to plan your day.
- When the Main Avenue and Rock Garden Bank are congested, head into the Great Pavilion, or to Western Avenue and Royal Hospital Way.
- The busiest time is 11.30am – 2.30pm so stop for something to eat then.
- Use the catering area in the northwest corner of the site by Creek Gate where you will find a range of hot and cold meals from baguettes to jacket potatoes and ice cream.
- The toilets in Western Avenue often have shorter queues.
- Wear comfortable shoes, as you will be on your feet for much of the day.
- Bring a waterproof coat with a hood in case of rain, instead of an umbrella as these get in the way in crowded areas.
- Do not carry large rucksacks or bags around the show with you as they get in the way of other visitors. If you are bringing a picnic or any large bags, check them into the cloakroom until you need them.