In the run up to 2012, jobs are available at both the London 2012 Organizing Committee (LOCOG) and the Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA).Official London 2012 Olympics Jobs Information.
Jobs for The Games
In February 2011 a new website was launched for those interested in paid work at the London 2012 Olympic Games. Visitors to www.jobsforthegames.co.uk can register their details ready to be contacted as and when vacancies are announced. Adzuna also lists Olympics vacancies.
London 2012 will depend on up to 70,000 volunteers to make sure the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games run smoothly and successfully. You need to be able to offer 10 days of your time during the games and be available for training before.
Read about the 'Games Maker' Volunteer Program but you needed to have registered your interest to be a volunteer by 27 October 2010.
- Games Maker Timeline
- January 2011 onwards: short-listed applicants begin to be invited to a selection event
- February 2011 – March 2012: selection events take place
- Late 2011 onwards: offers made to successful applicants
- February 2012: orientation training begins
- February 2012: role-specific training begins
- March 2012: event leadership training begins
- April 2012: distribution of uniforms and accreditation passes begin
- April 2012: venue training begins.