The RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show is the largest annual garden and flower show in the world. The showground covers 33 acres and most visitors stay for about 5 hours. (See list of visitor tips below.) It takes place in the grounds of Hampton Court Palace each July and is organized by the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) who also bring us the RHS Chelsea Flower Show each May.
2013 sees the introduction of themed zones to create different moods for visitors to enjoy. The new zones are Inspire, Grow and Escape.
- Within the Inspire Zone are:
- 8 Conceptual Gardens
- 4 Low Cost, High Impact Gardens
- Show and Summer Gardens
- Hands On area
- Garden Design clinic
- Within the Grow Zone are:
- Floral Marquee
- Plant Village
- Plant Heritage Marquee
- Within the Escape Zone are:
- Country Living Magazine Pavilion
- Rose Marquee
- Summer Gardens
- Grow your own and Artisan Food Marquee
- Gardening presenter David Domoney
When: Annual July event in London.
2014 Dates: 8-13 July 2014
Where: Hampton Court Palace, East Molesey, Surrey, KT8 9AU
See the Hampton Court Palace Visitor Guide.
Getting to Hampton Court Palace:
Full information of all travel options can be seen on the Getting to Hampton Court Palace page.
- Tuesday and Wednesday are RHS Members Only Days.
- Ticket prices range from £19.00 to £33.50, each full paying adult may bring two children aged 16 and under free of charge to the show.
- Price varies depending on day and time of visit.
- Unlike the RHS Chelsea Flower Show, tickets are available on the door)
- Online booking
- Telephone booking: 020 7649 1885
10am - 7.30pm (afternoon tickets from 3pm)
Tuesday and Wednesday: RHS Members only
The show closes at 5.30pm on Sunday with afternoon entry from 2.30pm.
Official Website: www.rhs.org.uk
Tips for Visiting The RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show:
- Plan your visit from central London using the Getting to Hampton Court Palace information.
- If you have a lot of stamina you could visit Hampton Court Palace on the same day but allow plenty of time as it takes 3-5 hours to visit the flower show and 1-3 hours to visit the palace.
- Remember this is a temporary outdoor event on open parkland and is subject to varying weather and ground conditions. A temporary walkway is laid but it can still get pretty muddy if there's been heavy rain.
- Wear suitable clothing for an outdoor event. Open-toed shoes and high heels are not usually appropriate footwear.
- Bank and cloakroom facilities are available within the showground. Check the information boards at the show for locations.
- Left Luggage and a pharmacy service are also available on the show site.
- The RHS Advisory Service offers free gardening advice to show visitors. Check the information boards at the show for locations.
- Free Music: There are two bandstands in the showground; one is located near the King's Food Court and the other on the north side of the Long Water.
- Plant and Product Creche: There is a plant and product creche service available where you leave your purchases while you enjoy the rest of your day out.
- Plant Porters: Plant Porters operate within the showground to help visitors carry their purchases. They cover all areas of the showground, Stud Car Park, and to the Thames (formally Rose) Entrance for the train station. They are easily recognizable by their green aprons and wheelbarrows.