Read on for my 'Top Tip' on what not to do so you enjoy your time more in the Absolut Ice Bar London.
About The Absolut Ice Bar London
- First permanent ice bar in the UK.
- Kept at minus 5 degrees all year round with everything inside made out of crystal-clear ice from the Torne River in Sweden.
- The walls, bar, tables, and even your own personal glass with a vodka cocktail are made out of the purest ice.
- You are given a designer thermal cape with a hood to keep you warm during your visit.
- Every six months the complete bar is reconstructed with a completely new design.
Address31-33 Heddon Street
Nearest Tube Stations
- Piccadilly Circus
- Oxford Circus
Use Journey Planner to plan your route by public transport.
Telephone020 7478 8910
Opening HoursEvery evening. Check the latest opening times.
PricesUnder £20 - check the latest prices.
- Designer thermal cape to keep you warm, provided on entry
- Personal ice glass
- Choice of Vodka cocktail in your ice glass (or non-alcoholic drink)
Absolut Ice Bar London Reviewbelowzero and the Absolut Ice Bar London are located just off Regent Street, near to Piccadilly Circus.
For some reason I thought it would be a basement so was surprised to find the Ice Bar on ground level and (sort of) visible from the street.
Do try to book in advance but if you haven't, do pop by in case they have space as you can always wait in the lovely, warm Wolf Bar next to the entrance (part of belowzero).
You don't need to dress up warm as a super-warm hooded thermal cape is placed over your head. (And if you wear your winter woollies you'll be too hot in the Wolf Bar afterwards.) You can still carry your bag underneath the cape as there's loads of space. Gloves are attached and I recommend you use them.
Your booking is for 40 minutes but I'll be honest with you - I only lasted 15 minutes, at the most! What I did wrong was to stand around holding my glass, as you would in a normal bar. But, of course, your glass is made of ice and my fingertips got exceedingly cold. So, top tip: Put your ice glass down when not drinking! You'll thank me for that one.
The Absolut Ice Bar London is just one small room but it's a great novelty. Everyone takes photos so it's a good idea to go with friends so you can take turns sitting on the ice chairs and getting those photo opportunities.
The drinks aren't huge but you can buy refills. (Hold onto to your personal ice glass as it can be used again.) The bar can get busy so try to choose your cocktails before you go in then you can run over and place your order without delay.
And when you're ready to leave, do go to the excellent Wolf Bar that even serves warm cocktails. You'll be cold in the Absolut Ice Bar London but isn't that what you expected? And isn't that what makes it fun?